7 Things You'll Learn in Pupford Academy | Pupford
February 2nd, 2024
Filed under Training
We know that when it comes to training your dog, you have questions.
Whether you are a first-time dog parent or seasoned veteran, questions and concerns arise from time to time while raising your dog.
Things like, “why won’t my dog come to me when I call their name?” “Why is my dog still chewing on our furniture?” “What does my dog’s tail placement mean?” “Why won’t my dog walk with me while on leash?” “Why is my dog reacting this way to another person or animal?” “How do dogs learn?” And so on, so forth.
That is why we created Pupford Academy. We want you to have the tools you need (all in one place!) to answer your questions, guide you through challenging behaviors, teach your dog tricks, and make training fun!
But before we get started, take this quiz to see if you could benefit from Pupford Academy
7 THINGS YOU’LL LEARN IN PUPFORD ACADEMY
1. HOW TO OVERCOME YOUR DOG’S PROBLEM BEHAVIORS
Just like people, all dogs are different. They react differently to people, situations, places, and things. Whether your dog struggles with resource guarding, barking, recall, potty training, reactivity, separation anxiety, or impulse control, there is a course for you.
2. HOW TO MAKE TRAINING FUN!
Training your dog shouldn’t always feel like a chore, there are ways to train your dog that can be fun for both of you. You’ll have access to games like flying treats, round robin and speed racer, and enrichment activities that you can do at home or on-the-go.
3. HOW TO USE SCIENTIFICALLY BACKED METHODS TO TRAIN YOUR DOG
Positive reinforcement is scientifically proven to be the most effective when training your dog. Aversives like choke chains and e-collars only mask your dog’s problems, they don’t get to the root of them. And not to mention can actually cause long-term harm to your dog. By rewarding your dog’s good behavior you will reinforce what you actually want them to be doing so that they repeat those behaviors!
4. HOW TO HANDLE THE UPS AND DOWNS OF PUP PARENTHOOD
Training your dog is not a linear process. There will be good days and bad days. Your dog may be progressing then all of a sudden regress, and struggle with things they once knew how to do easily. Likewise, there are no cookie-cutter fixes when training your dog. Actually solving your dog’s problems will take real effort and time. Our trainers know this, and provide tips and guidance as you go through the dog training process.
5. HOW TO TRAIN A DOG OF ANY AGE
The saying is true, old dogs CAN learn new tricks. We have courses for brand new dogs, your rescue pup, or senior dog! My dog is almost 7 years old, and still has so much to learn and has benefited greatly from courses in Academy like the Reactive Dog Class and Trick Training 1 and 2. Even if your dog is already trained, reinforcing training can enhance your bond with your dog.
6. HOW TO DO MORE THAN JUST TRAIN YOUR DOG!
Yes, we will help you train your pup, but we also provide so much more! Training is only the beginning. We include videos on how dogs learn, canine fitness, dog socialization, dog body language, grooming, and more. Plus, Academy is always growing! We release new courses and videos monthly to help you on your journey with your pup.
7. HOW TO CREATE A BETTER RELATIONSHIP WITH YOUR PUP
We learn so much from our pups, like patience 😜 and unconditional love. Humanely training your dog can also help improve your relationship and help you develop an even deeper bond.
PUPFORD ACADEMY - AN APP FOR ALL DOG PARENTS
“Tools and instruction provided have led to great improvement in my dog's behavior. Well worth it. Only wish I found this sooner.” -Sarah
With over 75 behaviors and tricks, multiple course formats, and over 40 years of experience between our trainers, Pupford Academy is a great tool to help you raise the well-behaved dog of your dreams!
- At Home Grooming Course (new course to learn how to groom your dog at home)
- Dog Body Language Course (understand your dog's body language cues)
- Crate Training Course (course to teach your dog to love the crate)
- Separation Anxiety Course (course to overcome anxiety and left-alone behaviors)
- Reactive Dog Course (overcome leash and general reactivity)
- TrIck Training Part 2 (teach your dog more advanced tricks)
- Leash Walking (course to help teach your dog to walk calmly on leash
- Enrichment Activities (course to help engage your dog's mind)
- Potty Training Course (overcome all types of potty training problems)
- Dog TrIck Training (course to teach your dog fun, new tricks)
- 21 Impulse Control Games (helps stop bad manners, bursting through doors, begging for food, jumping on guests and more)
- Barking Solutions (to finally put an end to unwanted barking)
- Recall Mastery (step-by-step exercises ensuring your dog's successful recall)
- BONUS Content Covering: Biting, jumping, four quadrants of learning, and more!
Join Pupford Academy today!