Holiday-Themed Enrichment Recipe for Your Dog | Pupford
December 21st, 2022
Filed under Health + Wellness
Did you know that dogs should get about 30 minutes of mental enrichment a day? While there are many ways to add enrichment into your dog’s day, one of our favorite things to do is to prepare a yummy enrichment treat for dogs to enjoy.
These are great for a number of reasons we love these, like…
- You can prep these in advance, and give your dog a week + of mental enrichment in a matter of minutes (also great when you’re going out of town to give your sitter)
- You can choose between SO many different fillers depending on your dog’s preferences
- They keep your dog entertained for an extended period of time
- They help to tap into your dog’s food drive
- You can use them to keep your dog distracted during meals, grooming, or just when you want to relax
- They are perfect for extra cold/snowy days or super hot days (especially when frozen)
We also love because they are dishwasher safe and come in so many different fun designs with different openings!
HOLIDAY-THEMED ENRICHMENT TREAT FOR YOUR DOG
⛄️ Grab your enrichment toy and make your dog a frosty treat with !
🥜 Peanut butter (xylitol free)
🐶 Dry dog food
🥣 Plain Greek yogurt
- Fill halfway with dry food and treats
- Chop strawberries and mix with Greek yogurt
- Fill the rest of the way with Greek yogurt mixture
- Stick strawberry slices to outside with Greek yogurt to make it 📸 picture perfect
- Top with
- Freeze to make it more challenging for your pup (optional!)
- Let your dog enjoy! 😋
NOTE: Xylitol is extremely toxic to dogs, and unfortunately is found in a LOT of human food products. So making sure your peanut butter (and other ingredients) are free of xylitol and extra fillers is super important! We love peanut butter with just peanuts!
And voilà! You now have a tasty treat for your pup that also serves as an enrichment activity. Win win.
To learn more about mental enrichment for dogs, check out and .
Be sure to tag us on Instagram if you make this for your pup!
Have any favorite enrichment activities for your pup? Let us know in the comments below.