Wouldn’t it be nice if whenever your dog was barking or whimpering you could just ask what the problem was and they could just tell you? That’s where our guide to joint supplements for dogs come in!
Sadly our dogs don’t speak hooman which means we are left to our own detective skills to find out what the problem is and how to solve it.
With more research and studies coming out every day about joint supplements for dogs this may very well be the thing that your little fur ball is trying to tell you with every bark!
The purpose of this guide is to give you EVERYTHING you need to know about dog joint supplements. Just click on the topic you want below to find out why your pupper is begging for joint supplements!
- What are dog joint supplements?
- The biggest lie of joint supplements for dogs
- Benefits of taking dog joint supplements
- What ingredients you should look for
- The ultimate joint supplement for man’s best friend
Whether your best friend is a Great Dane or a Chihuahua, all dogs have joints and they need to be taken care of.
While sprinting for a frisbee, leaping to jump on your bed, or just going up and down the stairs your dog is applying force and putting weight on their joints. Over time their joints take a beating which can result in pain, discomfort, or chronic issues for the rest of your little buddy’s life.
Some of these future issues are osteoarthritis, ACL tears and sprains, and chronic pain.
The purpose of joint supplements for dogs is to not only prevent joint and cartilage damage to young pups and older dogs but is to also relieve the pain that could currently be in their joints.
Joint supplements for dogs…
- Blocks nerve pain impulses which alleviates discomfort in joints
- Decreases inflammation and strengthen joints
- Repair damaged tissue and cartilage around joints
- Strengthen bone health and density
Joint supplements for dogs can come in a variety of forms so you can find the right one for your lovable canine. They can come in pill form, bite-sized chews, and just about everything else in between!
The biggest lie about joint supplements flooding the internet right now is that dogs are only supposed to be using them when they are old and have bad joints already…
THIS IS FALSE!
Joint supplements for dogs will yield the best results when they are taken in all stages of your dog’s life.
We’ve broken it down into 4 main times in a dog’s life where a dog could be using supplements to help their joints.
- Early Care for Young Pups
- Preventative Care for Adult Dogs
- Advanced Care for Adult Dogs
- Veterinary Strength
Click HERE to jump down the page and see our recommendations for the ULTIMATE line of joint supplements for dogs that cover all ages and situations.
Happy Dog = Happy YOU!
Studies show that having a happy dog not only affects your dog, but perhaps has an even greater effect on the owner. It shows that they “had greater self-esteem, were more physically fit, tended to be less lonely, were more conscientious, were more extroverted”
These 5 benefits of taking dog joint supplements will not only make your puppers happy, but are guaranteed to put a smile on your face too!
1. Alleviate Pain
One of the worst sounds a dog owner can feel is their own pup whimpering in pain and discomfort. Joint supplements help alleviate pain by blocking certain nerve pain receptors can send information to the brain.
2. Decrease Inflammation
When your slobbery best friend experiences swelling in their joints the fluid that accumulates around your dog’s tissues causes not only pain but long-term discomfort. Joint supplements help rid the excess fluid and decreases the inflammation surrounding all their joints.
3. Strengthen joints
This is one of the primary benefits of joint supplements for dogs. The ingredients and compounds found in these supplements help strengthen dog’s joints, specifically the soft tissue and bone that make up the joint.
4. Repair Damaged Tissue and Cartilage
If your dog loves running around and playing as much as our dogs then we know their joint will take a beating. Joint supplements not only help prevent any drastic damage to your dog’s joints, but also helps repair any damaged tissue or cartilage that makes up their joint.
5. Happier Life
When Buddy isn’t constantly grimacing in pain, because his joints are functioning the way they are supposed to it allows him to run, jump, and play worry free! Give your furry friend peace of playful mind with joint supplements!
Treat yo’ self?
Nah… more like treat yo’ dog! 🙂
When looking at joint supplements for your best friend you have to make sure that they have these premium ingredients so they can get the results that they not only need but deserve.
- One of the most popular pup hip and joint supplement for dogs out there. This compound aids in decreasing inflammation, strengthening joints, and is a natural way to soothe your pup’s joint pain. Multiple studies show that Glucosamine Hydrochloride is a safe and natural option to support joint health and alleviate pain.
- Giving your pup pain relief pills only masks the problem and doesn’t fix it. Chondroitin Sulfate will not only alleviate your pup’s pain but help repair the damaged tissue and cartilage causing your pup’s discomfort. It also promotes water retention which aids in shock absorption on your pup’s joints. Let your dog get excited and jump around without pain!
- MSM or Methyl-sulfonyl-methane (you can see why we like calling it just MSM) is an organic compound that helps all different ages of pups block pain impulses running through their nerve fibers. It also helps produce more cortisol, a natural anti-inflammatory hormone, to assist in building the structural integrity of connective tissues around your pup’s joints.
Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C)
- If your first thoughts when you saw vitamin C was oranges, then join the millions of Americans that thought of the same thing. Did you know that vitamin C actually plays a crucial role in the formation of collagen in your pup’s body? Collagen is the main structural protein that holds your pup’s body and joints together. Weak and little collagen = sad dog with aching joints.
- Zinc is an essential mineral that many pups are deficient in today. When your pup isn’t getting enough it can disrupt skeletal development and collagen synthesis. This results in weak bones and joints throughout your pup’s life. Not only does Zinc help prevent this, but it also contributes to healthy skin and coat.
Copper (Copper Gluconate)
- Copper is one of the essential micronutrients that helps your pup’s cells perform everyday functions. It also helps ins producing red blood cells which maintain and strengthen bone health and density. Whether your pup is just learning how to play fetch or their coat is turning a little more grey now, Copper Gluconate is a must for happy and healthy living.
This graphic gives a quick breakdown of some signs that your pupper is begging for joint supplements.
The greatest feeling that any dog owner can have is peace of mind.
Peace of mind that they are giving their dog, someone who they not only care about but truly love, top quality supplements with ingredients that are not full of harmful substances.
Here at Pupford, we pledge to give every dog owner that peace of mind feeling and that is why we spent countless amounts of hours testing and formulating what we believe to be the perfect joint supplement for your favorite pup.
Problem: Most other supplements out there only differentiate based on your dog’s weight and that’s about it… Seems weird that they say to give the same supplement to a young pup and a senior dog with severe joint problems.
Solution: We especially formulated four different supplements depending on the age and condition of your dog’s joints so you can have peace of mind knowing you are giving your dog a personalized supplement! Check out our signature 4 stages of joint supplements below.
1. Early Care for Young Pups
Best for pups 1-2 years old.
All our dog experts suggest starting your pup as young as 12 months to start building the strength and cartilage around their joints. This will help prevent pain and weak joints all throughout their life (even through the hours and hours of playing fetch and running around the neighborhood).
2. Preventative Care for Adult Dogs
Best for dogs 3+ years old.
As your pup gets out of the “it’s cute when they pee anywhere” to the “young adult phase” there are specific joint supplements for them as well. At this stage, supplements need to focus on the strengthening and support of joint rather than the build and sustain pup phase.
3. Advanced Care for Adult Dogs
Best for dogs 7+ years old, especially if your pup is already showing signs of joint problems.
Some dog breeds are genetically predisposed to having poor joint health and some very active dogs just put a lot of pressure on their joints throughout their life. If your dog is feeling the wear and tear on their joints this advanced supplement is perfect to quickly start the healing process.
4. Veterinary Strength
- Senior dogs
- Large breed dogs of any age
- Pups already showing signs of joint pain
- Any dog that’s prone to having joint issues
If your dog is showing a lot more white hair than ever before, has severe joint health issues, or is a large dog breed that is predisposed to poor joint health then this is the perfect supplement for them! With veterinary strength ingredients like Omega 3 Fatty Acid, Green Lipped Mussel, and Glucosamine Hydrochloride this is the ultimate supplement to help alleviate your dog’s joint pain and start repairing those damaged joints.