Joint Supplements for Dogs: The Ultimate Guide | Pupford
July 31st, 2023
Filed under Health + Wellness
Sadly our dogs don’t speak hooman which means we are left to our own detective skills to find out what the problem is and how to solve it.
With more research and studies coming out every day about joint supplements for dogs this may very well be the thing that your little fur ball is trying to tell you with every bark!
The purpose of this guide is to give you EVERYTHING you need to know about dog joint supplements.
- What are dog joint supplements?
- The biggest lie of joint supplements for dogs
- Benefits of taking dog joint supplements
- What ingredients you should look for
- The ultimate joint supplement for man’s best friend
WHAT ARE JOINT SUPPLEMENTS FOR DOGS?
Whether your best friend is a Great Dane or a Chihuahua, all dogs have joints and they need to be taken care of.
While sprinting for a frisbee, leaping to jump on your bed, or just going up and down the stairs your dog is applying force and putting weight on their joints. Over time their joints take a beating which can result in pain, discomfort, or chronic issues for the rest of your little buddy's life.
Some of these future issues are osteoarthritis, ACL tears and sprains, and chronic pain.
The purpose of joint supplements for dogs is to not only prevent joint and cartilage damage to young pups and older dogs but is to also relieve the pain that could currently be in their joints.
Joint supplements for dogs…
- Blocks nerve pain impulses which alleviates discomfort in joints
- Decreases inflammation and strengthen joints
- Repair damaged tissue and cartilage around joints
- Strengthen bone health and density
Joint supplements for dogs can come in a variety of forms so you can find the right one for your lovable canine. They can come in pill form, bite-sized chews, and just about everything else in between!
THE BIGGEST LIE ABOUT JOINT SUPPLEMENTS FOR DOGS
The biggest lie about joint supplements flooding the internet right now is that dogs are only supposed to be using them when they are old and have bad joints already…
THIS IS FALSE!
We've broken it down into 4 main times in a dog’s life where a dog could be using supplements to help their joints.
- Early Care for Young Pups
- Preventative Care for Adult Dogs
- Advanced Care for Adult Dogs
- Veterinary Strength
5 BENEFITS OF TAKING JOINT SUPPLEMENTS
Happy Dog = Happy YOU!
Studies show that having a happy dog not only affects your dog, but perhaps has an even greater effect on the owner. It shows that they “had greater self-esteem, were more physically fit, tended to be less lonely, were more conscientious, were more extroverted”
These 5 benefits of taking dog joint supplements will not only make your puppers happy, but are guaranteed to put a smile on your face too!
1. Alleviate Pain
One of the worst sounds a dog owner can feel is their own pup whimpering in pain and discomfort. Joint supplements help alleviate pain by blocking certain nerve pain receptors can send information to the brain.
2. Decrease Inflammation
When your slobbery best friend experiences swelling in their joints the fluid that accumulates around your dog’s tissues causes not only pain but long-term discomfort. Joint supplements help rid the excess fluid and decreases the inflammation surrounding all their joints.
3. Strengthen joints
This is one of the primary benefits of joint supplements for dogs. The ingredients and compounds found in these supplements help strengthen dog’s joints, specifically the soft tissue and bone that make up the joint.
4. Repair Damaged Tissue and Cartilage
If your dog loves running around and playing as much as our dogs then we know their joint will take a beating. Joint supplements not only help prevent any drastic damage to your dog’s joints, but also helps repair any damaged tissue or cartilage that makes up their joint.
5. Happier Life
When Buddy isn’t constantly grimacing in pain, because his joints are functioning the way they are supposed to it allows him to run, jump, and play worry free! Give your furry friend peace of playful mind with joint supplements!
WHAT INGREDIENTS TO LOOK FOR
Treat yo’ self?
Nah… more like treat yo’ dog! :)
When looking at joint supplements for your best friend you have to make sure that they have these premium ingredients so they can get the results that they not only need but deserve.
- One of the most popular pup hip and joint supplement for dogs out there. This compound aids in decreasing inflammation, strengthening joints, and is a natural way to soothe your pup’s joint pain. Multiple show that Glucosamine Hydrochloride is a safe and natural option to support joint health and alleviate pain.
- Giving your pup pain relief pills only masks the problem and doesn’t fix it. Chondroitin Sulfate will not only your pup’s pain but help repair the damaged tissue and cartilage causing your pup’s discomfort. It also promotes water which aids in shock absorption on your pup's joints. Let your dog get excited and jump around without pain!
- MSM or Methyl-sulfonyl-methane (you can see why we like calling it just MSM) is an organic that helps all different ages of pups block pain impulses running through their nerve fibers. It also helps produce more cortisol, a natural anti-inflammatory hormone, to assist in building the structural integrity of tissues around your pup’s joints.
Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C)
- If your first thoughts when you saw vitamin C was oranges, then join the millions of Americans that thought of the same thing. Did you know that vitamin C actually plays a crucial role in the formation of in your pup’s body? Collagen is the main structural that holds your pup’s body and joints together. Weak and little collagen = sad dog with aching joints.
- Zinc is an essential that many pups are deficient in today. When your pup isn’t getting enough it can disrupt skeletal development and collagen synthesis. This results in weak bones and joints throughout your pup’s life. Not only does Zinc help prevent this, but it also contributes to healthy skin and coat.
Copper (Copper Gluconate)
- Copper is one of the essential that helps your pup’s cells perform everyday functions. It also helps ins producing red blood cells which maintain and strengthen bone health and density. Whether your pup is just learning how to play fetch or their coat is turning a little more grey now, Copper Gluconate is a must for happy and healthy living.
This graphic gives a quick breakdown of some signs that your pupper is begging for joint supplements.
The Ultimate Joint Supplement for Dogs
The greatest feeling that any dog owner can have is peace of mind.
Peace of mind that they are giving their dog, someone who they not only care about but truly love, top quality supplements with ingredients that are not full of harmful substances.
Here at Pupford, we pledge to give every dog owner that peace of mind feeling and that is why we spent countless amounts of hours testing and formulating what we believe to be the perfect joint supplement for your favorite pup.
We've worked closely with Dr. Greg Sunvold P.h.D. in Nutritional Sciences to formulate Super Pup!
Super Pup not only helps your dog's joints, but also aids in things like gut health, skin and coat, heart health and more!