Reasons to Get a Dog + Why You Need a Dog in Your Life | Pupford
May 3rd, 2023
Filed under Pet Parenting
With around the corner, it has us reflecting on what we are thankful for. And one of the things at the top of that list is dogs… clearly.
In our we asked pup parents why they decided to get a dog, and here are some of the responses.
WHY PUP PARENTS DECIDED TO GET A DOG
1. “So many reasons. Life just seems empty without at least one dog sharing it.” -Sherry
The world is better with dogs in it <3.
2. “Because my childhood dog was my best friend and I wanted that love again and that for my children. Our Labrador adores our children and adore him too best of friends.” -Samantha
Learn how to introduce a dog to children .
3. “I have loved dogs my whole life, but didn't get my first until I was an adult. I hope to never be without one. They provide a special type of companionship I do not have anywhere else. I can be myself around them and they never judge.” - Heidi
Dogs are there for you through the good times and the bad.
4. “For me, a house is not a home without a dog. My family is incomplete without a dog.” - Nikki
“You complete me.” - Me to my dog.
5. “Grown up with dogs and the house feels unbearably quiet and still without one. They make great companions, encourage you to get up/out and be more active, and never judge what you look like, wear or feel.” - Steph
With all the , walks, , early mornings and evenings, dogs sure do help us be more active!
6. “Because dogs are pure joy and make everything better. I can't imagine my house without them.” - Deanna
Dogs can turn mundane tasks into exciting opportunities to .
7. “I grew up surrounded by dogs. Not having a dog is weird to me. I couldn’t imagine it lol.
Plus, it was a dog who got me through the early years of my , which started when I was around fourteen years old. She was the rock I leaned on and my best friend when I pushed everyone else away.” - Jennifer
Did you know that dogs can read our ? Making them great support animals and companions.
8. I got a dog instead of a boyfriend, less drama. -Lexus
Dogs > boyfriends? Guess it depends on who you ask. ;)
9. “Life is SO MUCH BETTER with a dog! The snuggles, the unconditional love... Ugh. Nothing better!” -Hannah
Now some dogs are more snuggly than others, but we love our dogs because of their unique personalities.
10. “My dogs both chose me. I had no say. Best companions I could ever ask for.” -John
I'd like to think we chose each other.
11. “Coming home to this sweet squishy face every day is the highlight of my day and makes me forget all crappy things that happened.” -Aditi
Before having a dog, I didn’t look forward to coming home from a , now I’m so
12. “Because our house was too clean and quiet. And weekend sleep-ins were getting boring.” -Tricia
If you don’t like in, getting a puppy is DEFINITELY a good idea.
13. “Companionship and a walking buddy. She’s a pool buddy too - bonus. I’ve always had dogs. She’s also my service dog in training.” -Laurie
Dogs truly are special. are powerful enough to detect diabetes, epilectic seizures, they can hunt mushrooms, track and help endangered species, and so much more. They make incredible service pets, and are just the best buddy we could ask for.
WHY YOU NEED A DOG IN YOUR LIFE
No matter your reason for getting (or thinking about getting) a dog, dogs can fill your life with so much companionship and love. They can provide you with a sense of emotional wellbeing, and can help with mental health problems. They help you feel less alone. They can help with health problems, can help if you are coping with stress or crisis, encourage you to move, make you happier, and add more fun to your life!
But we admit it, they also are and they can test your patience. That is why we have free courses like the and to guide you through the first few months of having a dog, then more in-depth training resources found in .
What is your reason for getting a dog? Let us know in the comments below.