[Recipe] Prepare a Thanksgiving Meal For Your Dog | Pupford
September 30th, 2023
Filed under Pet Parenting
We are all about finding ways to include our dogs in the holiday festivities this year (and every year), and what better way to do that than through food? Because, if your dog is anything like mine, food is his/her love language. And this Thanksgiving recipe will have your dog feeling all the love!
So grab a few of the ingredients from your own Thanksgiving meal (before all the spices and seasonings are added to it) as well as a tasty dog food topper and put together this festive feast for your pup. Your dog may just be saying how grateful he/she is for you this year (if only dogs could talk). Bonus: put the meal in a Lick Mat like this one Kaylin used.
REMINDER: Foods like turkey, sweet potato, and pumpkin are okay, as long as they are without seasonings/spices, loads of butter, sugar, and without the skin and bones. So grab these ingredients before the additional (and super tasty) ingredients are added. For a more in-depth list of Thanksgiving foods dogs can and can’t eat head here! And remember to treat your dog in moderation. :)
And now the Thanksgiving recipe. 🦃
THANKSGIVING RECIPE FOR YOUR DOG
We wanted to give a little shout-out to Luna and Kaylin for this recipe. Kaylin for preparing and Luna who did the noble work of eating the feast. ;) Follow them on Instagram for great training videos, recipes, and tips.
TASTY THANKSGIVING MEAL FOR YOUR DOG RECIPE INSTRUCTIONS & INGREDIENTS
🐾 1 tsp Over the Topper Beef Liver + 1 Tbsp water
🐾 Ground turkey (no seasonings or spices)
🐾 Canned pumpkin purée (plain)
🐾 Canned green beans
🐾 Diced sweet potato (plain)
🐾 Olive or coconut oil
1. Mix 1 tsp Over the Topper with 1 Tbsp water; set aside to soak
2. Heat oil and brown ground turkey over medium-high heat
3. Remove ground turkey and sauté sweet potatoes in the same pan until soft
4. Remove sweet potatoes and cook apples with a little honey
5. Plate ground turkey, sweet potatoes, green beans, pumpkin, and apples on a Pupford Pure Focus Lick Mat
6. Pour Over the Topper “gravy” over ground turkey
7. Optional: Add Pupford Freeze Dried Chicken Training Treats over green beans to make a “casserole”
And there you have it, a fun and tasty recipe to give your dog a real Thanksgiving meal this year!
Tag us on Instagram @pupford if you make this or any other recipe for your dog this Thanksgiving season, we would love to see what you come up with!
From the Pupford fam to you.